Campus E-waste Program
E-waste is the fastest growing waste stream on the planet. Although it represents two per cent of trash in landfills, it equals 70 per cent of overall toxic waste.
At UOIT, we're doing our part to recycle e-waste responsibly.
Campus e-waste recycling made easy
Information to include
|All other firstname.lastname@example.org||
(Engineers Without Borders bin, Shipping and Receiving)
Students, faculty and staff will have additional opportunities to recycle e-waste and other items during the upcoming Thrift Swap events. The Thrift Swaps will take place in the lobbies of the Simcoe Village and South Village residences the following dates:
- December 2016
Did you know?
A portion of campus e-waste helps fund the UOIT Engineers Without Borders (EWB) Junior Fellowship Program. Any waste that is of low or no value goes to EWB, whose service provider, Ontario Electronic Stewardship, pays EWB based on the weight of waste.
- audio and video players and recorders (eg. MP3, cassette, digital)
- cameras (web, digital, analogue)
- cellular phones and pagers
- computer peripherals (keyboards, mice, hard drives, optical drives – CD, Blueray, DVD, HD-DVD)
- computer peripherals including modems
- desktop computers
- desktop printing devices including desktop copiers and multi-function devices
- floor standing printing devices including printers, photocopiers, multi-function devices
- personal hand held computers
- portable computers
- scanners, typewriters
- telephones and answering machines
- video players/projectors, digital frames
- video recorders
For all e-waste recycling related questions, please contact email@example.com or ext. 6246.