Growth Plan for the Greater Golden Horseshoe 2006
The Growth Plan for the Greater Golden Horseshoe, 2006 was released by the Government of Ontario on June 16, 2006 and its aim is to:
- revitalize downtowns to become vibrant centres;
- create complete communities that offer more options for living, working, shopping, and playing;
- provide greater choice in housing types to meet the needs of people at all stages of life;
- curb sprawl and protect farmland and green spaces; and
- reduce traffic gridlock by improving access to a greater range of transportation choices.
The map below shows the extent of the Greater Golden Horseshoe Growth Plan area.